Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ministry??

What is ministry? We have to as a church stop making people our project. We so often see someone who is in need and make them our project. Shouldn't we just befriend and love them? I will admit I've been guilty of this. I have kept people at arms length but trying to show them love in the form of compassion and help. Is this love? Love is a sacrifice of yourself. If we are pressing into Christ and have the support of our Christian friends can't we love people on a real level and be real friends with them? Should we really have ministry moments or a life style of ministry through love?
I am in a difficult process of changing my lifestyle into this very thing. I have felt called into ministry for 10 years and have only spent 3 month in full time ministry. I have always just volunteered to help without holding any real position because I have always felt unworthy to do my calling. God has been really working in me that...that is the point. I am completely unworthy to do his calling. Without being a broken person I cannot minister to a broken world. I am so incredibly ready to begin my life in full time ministry and Its starting here in St. Charles, Mo. Were not 3rd world or an exotic location but we are filled with broken people who need to know the true love of Christ. Not Church. Not religion. Not Legality. Love. the Love of Savior who will make them a new creation. My days of "project people" are over. Lord help me to live a life of ministry and a life of sacrificial love when it isn't easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment