Thursday, September 9, 2010

Love

I'm incredibly angry! There is so much hype happening around Christians and Muslims and the hate that we so publically have for one another. Maybe I am a freak..which I am more than ok with adopting that title....but, even when people hate us aren't we called to love? I have a growing love for Muslims. God has been placing a compassion and Love for them in me that I can't even begin to explain in the past few weeks. I have been learning a lot about the people in Muslim countries and even more than I already knew about the major difference between extremest and everyday Muslims. Yes, there are men who as i sit here typing who are training children to kill others, and other men planing to kill even more Americans. However, there are also mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, wifes and husbands who live less than a mile form those men and are trying to live their lives in peace, and working to love those in their community. Why are those people so much different from who we are?  How much bigger of an impact would we make on this world by reacting to acts such as burning our flag, with love rather than hatred and revenge? As Americans we are constantly shown stories of Muslims who hate us and are fighting against us etc.. We are being influenced to hate Muslims even just as Americans for our governments gain. We are rarely shown the people who hate the hatred as much as we do. I'm actually thankful that story came out about the pastor burning the Qur-an. It makes me upset the name this pastor is giving Christians, but I pray that this makes others think. We are called as Christians to two things and that's it. Love God. Love Others...all the legality falls into this....and nowhere could you justify hating and disrespecting the Muslims people!

5 comments:

  1. Move to Cali.. and partner with my mom in her ministry to muslims.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whats it called? Do they have a web cite?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice thoughts Aims. God was the one who promised Hagar a great nation - same promise as Abraham - through Ishmael. So to hate Muslims is to hate our brothers and sisters of faith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't necessarily believe that they are our brothers and sisters of faith. I believe that they need Jesus in their lives desperately, however, no where in scripture or history do we see anyone learning who Christ is and coming to Him through hate and malice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Powerful post, Amy. Love your thoughts and passions. You are called!

    ReplyDelete