Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Eavesdropping

I'm not going to lie at this very moment I'm sitting in a coffee house and totally eavesdropping on the table next to me. It started out as being intrigued by the conversation they were having about speaking in tongues (very loudly i might add). Now the man who is what I believe to be counseling the other is sharing the story of how his relationship fell apart. I've never had the desire to go sit at a strangers table like I do right now. I identify with the story he was telling.We as Christians do not share out sins enough with each other. We keep or mistakes to ourselves and we need to lay it all out more. What are we getting out of keeping it all in? Bringing sin into the light helps to keep darkness form lording over it. I can only smile because I've been where he is and felt what he is feeling. So...to the stranger in Picasso's tonight: I prayed for you, for guidance and wisdom and joy to be your strength. God is faithful and will bring you through.

No comments:

Post a Comment